Political opposition translating into hostility is not a sign of a healthy democracy: CJI Ramana

0

Mangaluru: A social media post by the son of former Karnataka Home Minister and BJP Chief Minister, the late VS Acharya against the pathetic conditions of NH 66 between Udupi and Mangalore has led to a debate on social media .

Dr Kiran Acharya wrote in his Facebook post on Sunday to denounce the threatening condition of NH 66 between Udupi and Mangaluru. He shared photos of the potholes adding that some of them can even swallow unsuspecting two-wheelers. He also added that the roads also had dangerous puddles and other road hazards, all on a toll road.

In his post, Acharya also shared a message in which it was written “Rs 55 toll fee. For every paisa you pay, a pothole is guaranteed.

What caught the public’s attention and sparked an online debate was Acharya’s conclusion to the post in which he said there was no point in tagging any civil servant or politician-minister as they held the public for granted.

Several users quickly jumped into the conversation, and the comments section was filled with people’s grievances and concerns. Users also complained about the ignorance of the administration and the ministry regarding the safety of ordinary citizens.

Users also shared images and videos of huge puddles, potholes and traffic jams on the NH 66 to counter claims by Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari, who has repeatedly stated that the NH 66 widening work went smoothly. nearing completion.

Some of the users tagged Nitin Gadkari and other maintainers in the comment section in a bid to let them know about the issue.

Earlier this month, a Karnataka BJP MLA from Ankola-Karwar constituency, Rupali Naik, also countered Gadkiri’s claims about the “near completion” of the project.

On July 2, Gadkari, the Union Road Transport and Highways Minister tweeted a series of photos, saying, “The 4-lane project from Goa/Karnataka border to Kundapur section of NH-17 in the ‘State of Karnataka is almost complete’. . He had claimed that 94% of the works had been completed and that the project would be open by December 2022.

However, Naik countered Gadkari’s claim saying, “They haven’t finished a lot of the work. The company has just made roads wherever it has acquired the land. Wherever they can, they have built culverts. They made the roads, but where are the feeder roads? How should locals cross to the other side?” reported the New Indian Express.

“In many places, work has not started. Pedestrians, normally rural people, will be hard hit. They didn’t even install a single lamp post,” she alleged. “There are no drains all along the stretch. Accumulated water must be diverted. But the roads are waterlogged,” she said.


Source link

Share.

Comments are closed.